Friday, April 23, 2010

Early to Bed, Early to Rise. Crap.

A redundant and obvious statement. but staying up so late at night makes for one tired (and yes, occasionally cranky) Anti-Stepford. My circadian rhythms have always been a little froggy - more akin to club-goers and scene-sters than your run-of-the-mill housewife. What can I say? I like the moonlight. ::wicked grin::

Generally speaking, I hit the lottery with the youngling as far as sleep patterns go. He's always been a pretty good sleeper, and even when he was a mewling Kewpie Doll, he would still let me sleep until 8:30-9:00am. (keep your snide comments to yourselves, jealous parents! I've heard it all ;-p) But lately, in the past few weeks, we've developed a pattern of waking earlier and earlier. I can only attribute this to one of two things. Either the Alien Invasion has begun, and my son is a Visitor in disguise, or the burgeoning Spring and earlier sunrise are turning my adorable little vamp-son into (gasp! sob!) - a morning person.



No! It can't be! What is this world coming to? Next thing I know, he'll be demanding clothes from L.L. Bean, tending to his financial portfolio, and (I can hardly bear to think it) voting Republican.

No. Not me. NOT my child.

::sniffle... sniffle::

Perhaps I'm being a little melodramatic. I DO find that these earlier mornings, while hell on my brain function and major cutting into Mommy-Time (Falling asleep, first beer in hand, blows.) are pretty damned productive. I tend to have the house tidier, and have more time during the day to get shit done, and can catch up on my Glenn Beck...

Wait. Shit, I was having a nightmare. ::slaps herself::

there, that's better. *yawn*



----------------
Listening to: Goldfrapp - Slippage
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

  1. just wait until he starts school, and you have to wake up early every day and get your act together to get everyone out the door ad to schoo l in a timely fashion wearing clean clothes and having been fed, nevermind making his lunch (if you'll do that) and having clean teeth (which i don't enforce in the evening b/c of the battles that ensue every time i make him brush) be thankful that his school most likely won't start at 7:45 like Evan's does (he has extended day). Evan is hardly a morning person and on a good day i can scrape his tooshie out of bed 30 minutes before we need to be out the door.

    and let's just pray that he will will never ever vote republican..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that I'll eventually have to give in to the early morning beast... A lifetime ago I had to get the youngling's sister to school every morning, and it was a struggle (for both of us). Ahh, the joys of parenthood!
    As for Republican. ::shudders::

    perish the thought!

    ReplyDelete

Share

Share |