Saturday, November 19, 2011

Madness!!!

Well, it seems as though writing for a blog that actually has demands on me has been very good on my work ethic.  Because answering to myself has always gone something like this:

"You know, you *should* be doing (insert task such as writing, cleaning, saving the world here)"


"Screw you, you know-it-all bitch!  You don't own me!"

or something like that.

So it is with pride and awe that I write yet ANOTHER blog post, dear readers.  Of my own volition!  In a timely manner!  WHAT IS THIS MADNESS??

This may also be related to a recent phenomenon I've observed.  It's called "getting shit done".  I don't know where I picked up this nasty habit, but everywhere I look, I seem to be ACCOMPLISHING THINGS like and adult or something.  I'm amused and a little nervous.  Who is this responsible woman, and what have you done with the slacker that we all know and love?  Have I truly gone - STEPFORD?

After a quick look around, I realize there are still some dishes in the sink.  I think we're safe.  Also, I've been TERRIBLY lax in my NaNoWriMo writing, and November is rapidly winding away.  In my defense, I've started a new jobby job, and have been writing for Adventures in Poor Taste, and otherwise occupying myself studiously in such exciting tasks as Organizing the Bills and Planning My Future.  So I'll cut myself a little slack here.

With winter fast approaching (fuck, it's cold this morning) I am just waiting for the shit to hit the fan, and for the familiar doesnotcomputegoway hibernation to begin.  But I have a sneaking suspicion that with everything going on, I won't have time for such frivolity.  Getting shit done > any anti-depressant out there, truly.

So!  A new, exciting chapter for your plucky heroine!?

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Share |