Friday, November 4, 2011

Purging Is Good For The Soul

Looking out my windows this morning, there is no question that the crisp sunny blue skied days of Autumn are over, and the gray, oppressive season has begun.

I really didn't need the windows to tell me so.  I can feel the shift in the marrow of my soul.

Now that Halloween is over, the next few months are an endless struggle to overcome my utter distaste for Winter.  My first challenge, is of course, the Hellidays.  Rapidly approaching, I cringe at every Christmas themed commercial on TV.  Its barely November, for fuck's sake!

Around this time every year, I start to retreat into a little ball of insanity.

NOT THIS YEAR, DAMMIT.

Your plucky heroine has a secret weapon.  PRODUCTIVITY!

The past two days have been spent purging, reorganizing, and nesting.  Putting books on shelves, throwing away old papers, moving furniture.  Also, getting prettttty tipsy on a bottle o' wine.  Unfortunately, the liquor store my darling husband shops at *clearly* has a problem with their stock.  Someone's been poking holes in the bottom of the wine bottles.  This, my friends, is a travesty.

All in all, I feel much less frightened of the cold dark Winter that approaches.  We'll see how well I fare as time rolls on.  But for now, I'm going to sip my coffee, enjoy my mostly clean house, and work on my novel.

Blue skies be damned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Share |